Saturday, October 22, 2011

One for all and two for Three!...

...Musketeers that is.  Anyway, that is what I said to the lady at the Reading Cinema when ordering tickets for "The Three Musketeers in 3-D".  She got it, but Tara groaned.  We saw "Johnny English Reborn" at eleven a.m. and then walked around downtown.  For lunch, we went to a turkish restaurant.  The lamb and chips was excellent (a bit spicy which I like) although the portion was enough for two.  I had a "tall black" with it, a large strong cup of coffee- delicious and strong enough to overcome the spice of  the meal. 

We walked an hour and a half, checking out shops, info on flats for rent, offers for travel and places to eat.
We also saw St. Mary's Basilica (1905) and Otepuni Gardens.  I will post photos as words will not do either justice.  We did not go inside the basilica.  That will wait until morning.

After the second movie, we stopped at the Pak N Save, a big box grocery with a large selection.  We finally got salt (salt substitute not to be found here), more milk and some canned vegetables.  We have only a little room, so do not want to buy too much at once.

With such a large lunch followed by drinks and a shared expresso brownie at Starbuck's, we will have only soup, juice and tea tonight.  My tummy is still very happy.

The skies cleared considerably today.  I hope to catch my first glimpse of the southern stars shortly.  Pictures to follow.  Tomorrow evening we plan to get dinner and drinks at the nearby pub- if we can get in.  The rugby match starts at nine p.m.  I understand little of the game (apologies to my two children who do or have played), but do know an historic event when I see one.

No comments:

Post a Comment