Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Arrived Auckland

The flight on Air New Zealand was delayed leaving Los Angeles, but otherwise uneventful.  We had a pleasant dinner (wine included in economy).  I was able to sleep most of the 13 hour trip and saw most of two recent movies in the time I was awake.

Customs was quick.  Tara got to converse more once it was known she is in law enforcement in the States.  On an impulse, I decided we would rent a car rather than take a taxi.  The person at Avis was able to find my business account and put us in a Toyota Corolla.  Our five large suitcases just fit but I had to put Tara's carry-on between my legs to keep the rear window clear.  Tara drove (right-sided conrols, left lane) while I referred to the map that the lady in Avis had kindly marked with directions.  Tara had driven on the left in Aruba, but the controls were not switched as they are here.

We made it to the hotel and located the car park.  We got a nap and shower before going to meet a representitive of the medical council of New Zealand.  We were given directions on how to return along the bay.  Tara is now famished so off to eat we go.  Pretty city.  More later (and pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment